Postdoc, ETH Zurich. ITP, D-PHYS, loreno dot heer at gmail dot com.
HIT K, D-PHYS
8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Research Interests: Analysis in metric spaces, in particular quasiconformal, quasi-symmetric and quasi-Möbius geometry. (Gromov-)hyperbolic geometry and geometric group theory. Furthermore geometric analysis in general and low-dimensional topology. Besides pure mathematics I am interested in mathematical physics, in particular the geometry of space-time and string theory. My current research centers on the study of the conformal horizon of de Sitter space in general relativity with a positive cosmological constant and in particular the study of gravitational waves in this setting.
- PhD Thesis (2021) doi:10.5167/uzh-217863 full text
- Heer, L. (2017). Some Invariant Properties of Quasi-Möbius Maps. Analysis and Geometry in Metric Spaces, 5(1), pp. 69-77. doi:10.1515/agms-2017-0004 full text
- MSc Thesis (2015) full text
- BSc Thesis (2012) full text
- Errata for Geometry, Topology and Physics (Second Edition) by Mikio Nakahara pdf (latex source) (last updated: 17. April 2022)
Activities and Memberships
Referee for Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. Reviewer for Zentralblatt MATH and AMS MathSciNet. Member of the Swiss Mathematical Society and American Mathematical Society.